Merrell®, the world’s leading hike and outdoor footwear brand, and the Jeep® brand announced they will launch the “Merrell Moab 3 Mid x Jeep” – a hiking boot built on the legendary heritage of the two icons.
The limited-run “Merrell Moab 3 Mid x Jeep” brand boot will be available for purchase on Monday, Oct. 16, 2023, in eight countries in both men’s and women’s sizes. To sign up for launch notifications, visit merrell.com/jeep. The boot is offered in three colorways, touting popular Jeep brand coat names: Sarge Green, Sting Grey, and Hydro Blue.
The Jeep brand team will preview the boot at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) at the Huntington Place in Detroit, Mich., from Sept. 13 through Sept. 24, 2023. NAIAS is considered one of the most influential automotive events in the world – fitting for the two Michigan brands to debut the collaboration.
“Adventure meets adventure with the ‘Merrell Moab 3 Mid x Jeep’ collab, and we’re thrilled to work with an iconic partner like the Jeep brand whose legacy has so much alignment to our own history on the trail,” said Merrell Senior Director of Brand Marketing Lindsey Lindemulder. “The Jeep brand has a loyal fan base similar to Merrell, and these boots have on- and off-road capability for you to navigate any journey with confidence.”
“Moab, Utah, is the Jeep brand’s preeminent playground, and it’s only fitting we honor it with the landmark designs featured in the ‘Merrell Moab 3 Mid x Jeep’,” said Kim Adams House, Head of Licensing & Merchandising – All Brands, Stellantis. “The craftsmanship you expect, know, and love in our vehicles is matched in this trail-rated boot.”
Merrell incorporated key design details as an ode to hidden Easter eggs commonly found in Jeep 4x4s. Special features include:
- Custom moulded Rubicon badging represents the most capable Wrangler for the world’s bestselling hiking boot
- Red “tow” lace hooks represent the red tow hooks on the front of the Wrangler Rubicon
- Metal lace hardware represents the hatches on the Jeep 4×4 hood
- The monochromatic color scheme mimics iconic Jeep 4×4 exterior colors
- The upper mesh was picked to resemble the hexagon pattern on the Wrangler’s grille
- The larger heel webbing hook represents the seat belt
- Jeep brand’s iconic seven-slot grille embossed in the backstay
- Unique footbed inserts feature a topographical map of Hell’s Revenge, a popular off-road trail in Moab, Utah
The collaboration will be offered in the U.S., Canada, Taiwan, China, Japan, Peru, Panama, and Colombia while supplies last. It will also be available in select DICK’S Sporting Goods, Public Lands, and Atmosphere.