Hyundai Motor America is bringing in-vehicle payments to customers with the introduction of Hyundai Pay [i]. The Hyundai Pay system allows customers to find and pay for things with their vehicle’s touchscreen using securely stored credit card information. Hyundai has partnered with Parkopedia to launch Hyundai Pay’s first service, a new parking payment system. This system enables U.S. drivers to locate, reserve and pay for parking at 6,000 locations – all from inside their vehicle, after an initial set-up. Hyundai Pay launches with the all-new 2024 Hyundai Kona available in dealerships this fall. An additional nine Hyundai models will get Hyundai Pay via model year changes or over-the-air updates and include Parkopedia parking payment services. In the future, the Hyundai Pay platform will also have additional features and electric vehicle related use cases.
Hyundai Pay Platform Highlights
- Offers customers features via the vehicle’s touchscreen and the Bluelink connected car system to enhance the driving experience
- The scalable in-car payments system will expand to include other uses and selected scenarios that are part of daily drives and longer trips
- Offering this level of convenience is part of Hyundai’s ongoing effort to create best-in-class digital ownership experiences
- Offering easy-to-use payment options as part of navigation will simplify the driving experience
- Payments are kept secure using tokenization (replacing card account details with a unique digital identifier, or token, that keeps data from being compromised)
“Hyundai Pay is the latest example of our continuous advancements in smart mobility and software-defined vehicles,” said Olabisi Boyle, vice president, product planning and mobility strategy, Hyundai Motor North America. “With Hyundai Pay’s scalable e-commerce platform, we can elevate customer convenience and extend their digital reach by making every day needs—like finding and paying for parking—easier, swifter and safer via our connected-car, integrated-cockpit and secure-transaction technology.”
Through the integration of Parkopedia’s Payment Platform and extensive parking data, Hyundai provides a convenient and seamless parking experience for drivers, removing the stress of finding and paying for off-street garage parking, with on-street curbside services to be provided in a future update.
Drivers can also access the Hyundai Pay system through Hyundai’s Bluelink connected car services app. This provides a seamless connected service whether drivers are at home or on-the-go, with the app enabling drivers to view, book and retrieve past parking sessions for future journeys.