A worldwide network of over 185 member organizations promoting industrial design
The Three C Group (3C Group) has recently joined the World Design Organization (WDO)®, becoming a member of the globally recognized non-governmental organization that aims to promote and advance the discipline of industrial design and its power to enhance the economic, social, cultural and environmental quality of life.
Founded in 1957, WDO services over 185 member organizations around the world, engaging thousands of individual designers through our innovative programming and initiatives that champion ‘design for a better world’.
The 3C Awards represent today’s diversity and innovation in lighting design, furniture design, sports design, interior design, and architecture. Each brand is a symbol of design excellence around the world, showcasing the work of professional and emerging designers to more than 100 expert jury members.
The company has three programs dedicated to industrial design:
- LIT Design Awards created in 2017, recognize the efforts of talented international lighting product designers and lighting implementers. The program was envisioned to celebrate creativity and innovation in the fields of lighting products and applications.
- SIT Furniture Design Award celebrates and shares the remarkable work of furniture designers and those who use furniture in their projects. Creativity, innovative vision, and accessibility in the furniture design community deserve to be applauded and shared widely, across the world.
- FIT Sport Design Awards recognize the industry’s most innovative sports equipment and apparel from around the world. We are looking for groundbreaking sports innovations, sustainable products, performance-enhancing solutions that provide comfort for athletes or everyday players, and practices that have a positive environmental impact.
- BLT Built Design Awards honour the expertise of all professionals involved in the realization of outstanding projects, including architecture firms, interior design experts, construction products, and project management.
- The mission of the LIV Hospitality Design Awards is to celebrate the quality of architectural ventures and the diversity of interior design that shape hospitality around the world. The LIV Awards is an inclusive platform, pursuing exceptional projects within the living and dining spaces, from living to beach resorts, from fine dining restaurants to pop-up bars.
- The Global Footwear Awards is a prestigious event that celebrates excellence in the footwear industry, recognizing outstanding achievements in creativity, innovation, sustainability, and social impact. Our aim is to honour and elevate the very best footwear designers, from up-and-coming talent to established businesses and corporations, by providing them with the highest level of recognition possible.
“The 3C Group programs aims to celebrate Innovative Design, People, and their passion for the industry, through our rigorous judging process, we recognize those that have gone above and beyond.” Said Astrid Hébert, co-founder of the Three C Group GmbH, “becoming a member of the World Design Organization (WDO) is corroborating our company vision and mission to promote the appreciation of design excellence through education, outreach, and grants.”